Almost everyone loves chocolate, it’s one of the favorite foods all over the world. “Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies.” – John Q. Tullius. Yet not many people know much about this refreshing food. Here are some of the interesting facts about chocolate that not many people know.
Dark Chocolate is an excellent anti-oxidant. It helps in fighting against free radicals that cause diseases. Eating a small amount of dark chocolate is a proven effective way to fight against aging, cancer, high blood pressure, and asthma. Well, not all forms of chocolate are that useful but only dark chocolate. It all depends on the percentage of cocoa present in it.
- It is a scientifically proven fact that dark chocolate contains more antioxidants than blueberries, wine, green tea, and pomegranates.
- Milk chocolate is nothing but a mixture of lecithin, cocoa butter, milk, sugar, vanilla, and other assorted chemicals and preservatives; sadly they are not good for our health.
- At the time of production, some amount of lead absorbs, it is such a minuscule amount that there is no real concern of lead poisoning unless it is eaten in a large amount.
- Theobromine is a toxic compound present in chocolate that is dangerous for animals such as cats and dogs.
- Chocolate is a great food to lift up your mood and helps overcome depression.
- By melting chocolate in your mouth you increase both your brain activity as well as your heart rate.
- Chocolate also contributes to giving you good cardiovascular health.
- Chocolate does contain caffeine; however, it is far less than in a cup of black tea or coffee.
- Chocolate does not actually cause acne, but it causes due to improper diet and/or due to the hormones causing acne.
- Chocolate is consider a good source of energy. Just a single chip of chocolate can provide you with enough energy to walk 150 feet.
- Chocolate is high in fat food, but it does not raise your cholesterol level.
- Chocolate is an aphrodisiac, because of its feel-good properties.
- Cocoa is an excellent source of iron.
- Chocolate helps to lessen premenstrual syndrome.
- Dark chocolate controls/lower blood pressure in people suffering from high blood pressure.
- The serotonin present in chocolate is a natural anti-depressant.
- Chocolate stimulates endorphin production which makes us feel happy and delightful.
- Antioxidants present in chocolate work like broom and aid in sweeping bacterial plaque out of the arteries.
- Dark chocolate is good for the brain; it can protect the brain after a stroke by protecting the nerve cells from causing any further damage.
- Dark chocolate promotes longer life and lower overall disease rates.
- Cocoa is a good source of iron, calcium, potassium, copper, and magnesium. These are essential minerals that promote healthy bone growth and lower the risk of bone disease.
Chocolate is a delicious feel good food that is loved and enjoy almost all people around the world. Well, its health benefits are only achievable by eating it in the purest form and that too in a moderate amount. The health benefits of chocolate are making it more and more popular and are gaining a popular share in the international market. Eat chocolate not just because it tastes good but because it is good for your health as well. Hence due to the above all reason chocolate is definitely the perfect feel-good food that everyone love eating.