You can make this fermented cassava-based Ghanaian gari biscuit/cookie at home.It’s light, crunchy, and the gritty texture of gari flour is simply addictive.
1 cup of gari flour 1 cup of all-purpose four 1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar 1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
4 tbsp of butter( dice into small pieces).1 tsp of water or milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
2. Blend all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing basin and stir to combine.
3. Using a pastry knife or a food processor, cut the butter into small pieces and mix them into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs appear.
4. Mix the flour mixture with the beaten egg. Start with 1 teaspoon of water or milk if it’s too dry (whatever you want).
Read aslo: Check Out The Recipe For Brown Sugar
5. Cut the dough into 20 pieces of similar size . After rolling into balls, place on a baking sheet. Using your hands, form the dough into patties. Make a design with a fork on top if you like.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown, in a preheated oven. The longer you bake it, the crispier it becomes.
7. Remove them from the oven and cool for a minute before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Store the biscuits in an airtight jar at room temperature for up to two weeks when they have totally cooled.
Kindly like and share.
Thanks for reading.