The President who is not in the country today told the country the latest on the fight against Covid-19. Many had been anticipating when the next doses delivery will come off and indeed the president gave updates regarding that. It has been 11 weeks since the last update. Below is the summary of the update.
1.The President thanked the Muslim population for adhering to the safety protocols and avoiding mass gatherings.
- The Restriction Act is still in force and the security forces will uphold the law. No mass gatherings will be tolerated
- There is a marked reduction of cases with 1,314 active cases. Daily cases are now less than 100 a day. Recoveries stand at over 91,000. Over a million people have been tested since the outbreak of the virus.
- More than 1 million doses have been administered in the first dose of vaccination. The target is still to vaccinate about 20 million before the year end.
- Starting 19th May, 2021, the second doses will begin in the 42 districts, exactly 12 weeks after the first jab. The Ghana Health Service will give further information in the coming days.
- About 300,000 vaccines are expected from the institution producing the Sputnik vaccines. About 360,000 are ready to be given out to Ghanaians when the 2nd jabs begin.
- Non all essential trips to countries with high risk countries should be cancelled.
- The Kotoka Airport has seen some decline in reported cases of Covid-19.
- To prevent fake Covid-19 PCR results, all passengers travelling in Ghana must have the accepted quality check results. All arriving passengers who test positive will follow the accepted procedure.
- Ghana is meeting with cinema owners on modalities for reopening of cinemas centers.
- The President encouraged Ghanaians to continue living by the safety protocols.
Please share and comment below.