IMMEDIATE PUBLICATION: 4/05/2020
THE MANAGEMENT TEAM OF THE NUGS PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE; DENNIS APPIAH LARBI-AMPOFO
PULLS OUT OF THE NUGS PRESIDENTIAL RACE.
We, the undersigned, write on behalf of the Nya Gyedie management to officially pull out of the
ongoing congress currently held in MADINA Institute of Science and technology on grounds of
electoral irregularities cited as follows;
- Refusal of our members to vote, particularly TTAG on suspicion that the said union member
is for Dennis Appiah Larbi the presidential candidate.
- Arbitrary arrest of NUGS internal approved security.
- The setting aside of the Accreditation cards.
- National Security’s abuse of their presence and powers, following a threat and an attack on
our polling agent.
- Setting aside of the electoral commission in the discharge of the duty of the electoral
- The refusal to use ID cards to authenticate delegates on voting list.
- Inculcation of aliens to vote on behalf of colleges of education (TTAG).
The National Union of Ghanaian Students is known to champion the interest of students and in the
same spirit, democratically elect leaders for the Union. It is in this light, that Dennis Appiah-Larbi
Ampofo and the management team of Nya Gyedie has pulled out from the race.
We apologize to our delegates for the inconvenience caused.
- Bridget Ofori Agyemang
All media houses