These lemon cream cheese biscuits are perfect for any season; they’re warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and they’re egg-free!. If you happen to be someone who doesn’t like eggs, this recipe got you covered! The lemon biscuits are delicately flavoured and delightfully short.
You can’t afford to miss out on this recipe. It is so easy to prepare and once you master it, it can be your source of income. Come and let’s get this party started!
For The Biscuits / Cookies
- 40 grams of golden caster sugar.
- 80 grams of butter (softened or soft baking margarine).
- 100 grams of self raising flour (or plain with a scant teaspoon of baking powder added, sifted)
- Finely grated zest of half a lemon
- A pinch of salt to taste.
For the (optional) filling
- 1 tablespoon of full fat cream cheese.
- A tbs of lemon curd.
- 1 tbs of icing sugar.
Regarding The Biscuit/Cookie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cream the sugar and butter or margarine together with a handheld or stand mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour, lemon zest, and salt until a stiff dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 2.5cm balls and place on a greased baking tray. To slightly flatten each one, gently press with a fork.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until golden, depending on the characteristics of your oven.
- Cool for a few minutes on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
To make the filling
- Gently combine all of the ingredients with a fork.
- Do not overmix the filling; it should have the consistency of mayonnaise and will firm up after a few hours in the fridge.
- Just before serving, sandwich pairs of lemon fork biscuits together with a teaspoon of filling.
Watch video below
Thanks for reading.