Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships 2022-2023 is offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Our chosen scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They have wide-ranging interests outside their studies and a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
Scotland Saltire Scholarships Coverage and Benefits
The scheme offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full-time study on a postgraduate Masters’s program at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Saltire Scholars will also have the opportunity to take part in a programme of activities over and above their studies, including dialogue with the academic and business community in Scotland.
As one of our Saltire Scholars, you’ll act as an ambassador not only for the Saltire Scholarships program but also for Scotland. You can find out more about these aspects of the scholarship on the requirements page.
Who can apply for the Scotland Saltire Scholarships 2022?
Interested in applying for a Saltire Scholarship? Here’s the information you need on eligibility for Scotland’s Scholarship!
In order to apply for a Saltire, Scholarship candidates must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
Scholarships are available to citizens of the following countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA.
In order to be eligible for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must:
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan, or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 28 May 2021.
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- A willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the program of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
List of Courses available for Scotland’s Scholarships 2022
The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas:
- Creative industries
- Renewable and clean energy
- Healthcare and medical sciences
Courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland. Online, distance-learning, or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for the scholarship. The Saltire Scholarship application process for 2022/2023 is now open. The deadline to apply for the Scotland Saltire Scholarship 2022-2023 is May 28, 2021.