Skip to content
- Marriage is a universal social institution. It is found in almost all societies and at all stages of development.
- Marriage is a permanent bond between husband (man) and wife (woman).
- Marriage is a specific relationship between two individuals of opposite sex and based on mutual rights and obligations.
- Marriage establishes family.
- Marriage requires social approval.
- Marriage creates mutual obligations between husband and wife. The couple fulfill their mutual obligations on the basis of customs or rules.
- Marriage is always associated with some civil and religious ceremony
- Marriage regulates sex relationship according to prescribed customs and laws.