Knowing your vaginal discharges and the call for health assistance is a major way to live peacefully. As a growing-up lady, always make your personal hygiene a priority before anything else. One most important place of a lady’s body is the “vagina”. It is also the sensitive and delicate part of the body which can be easily infected by harmful organisms which consequently leads to serious health problems in the future.
Types of vaginal discharge and their corresponding indications.
- Clear discharge: If a lady experiences this type of discharge, there are four major things that should come in mind. Firstly, this type indicates a healthy discharge, meaning the lady is just wet and infection-free. In another development this also shows pregnancy and ovulation ( the time in the month where eggs are made available for fertilization). This discharge can further indicate hormonal imbalance.
- White discharge: this type of discharge indicates a healthy discharge too and wetness. One thing that should be taken into serious consideration is when the discharge comes with a foul smell or stench and calls for seeking health assistance since it could be yeast infection. Please take note
- Gray discharge: an indication of bacterial infection known as vaginosis. Immediate health care is advised.
- Yellow/ green discharge: indicates sexually transmitted infections (gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia).
- Pink/red spot discharge : lastly, this type of discharge indicates menstruation, cervical bleeding, vaginal irritation and implantation bleeding. Seek for medical assistance immediately.
Let’s all be advised