Whenever you open a bank account with any bank, you can request for a debit card which could be a Visa card or MasterCard. This card can be used to withdraw money from an ATM or can be linked to your paypal account to withdraw funds and make online purchases.
I am about to teach you a way to acquire a virtual card for yourself, which can be used for all these purposes. You don’t have to own a bank account. All you need is your mobile device, internet connectivity and some identification. Let’s begin!
The virtual card here is the PalmPay virtual card. To get it,
1. Download the PalmPay app from the Google PlayStore or your app store.
2. Register and your account with your phone number and email address.
3. Go to settings, fully verify your account with your identification details(using your National ID or Voters ID or Passport).
4. Go to your profile, tap on REQUEST VIRTUAL CARD.
5. Fill in your details and complete the process.
Voila! There you have it. So easy, right?
To fund your card so that you can use it to make online purchases or so you can link it to your paypal:
1. Open your virtual card on the app and go to details.
2. Select add funds.
3. Select your mobile money details, and confirm.
4. A prompt appears, for which you have to enter your PIN code to complete the transaction. There! That’s it!!
NOTE: Do not disclose your card number or security code(usually 3 digits) to anyone, as it will grant them access to your card.
Click here to read my previous post: Previous post by Haleem Karmil